Abaris Training is seeking a qualified person for an instructor position at our Reno, NV headquarters. The successful applicant must meet the following criteria.
Note: We are only accepting applications through this LinkedIn Jobs Link.
Technical Instructor – Advanced Composite Technologies
The qualified applicant will have the following basic knowledge and skills associated with composite materials and processes, along with the aptitude to convey detailed technical information to others in a dynamic training environment.
The applicant must be capable of self study and have the ability to research and develop content for presentation in both a classroom and workshop/lab setting. Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is a plus.
A college degree in a related field is desired but not required. The candidate will have at least a high school diploma and a minimum of 5-years in the composite manufacturing industry, or an equivalent combination of academic and industry experience working with advanced composite materials and processes.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
· Awareness of current materials and process technologies employed by industry.
· Proficiency with vacuum bagging materials, methods, and techniques used in industry.
· Knowledge of fibers, fiber forms (fabrics, unidirectional, and multiaxial forms).
· Have a fundamental understanding of thermoset and thermoplastic resins and processes.
· Working knowledge of shop equipment, tools, and tooling associated with composite manufacturing and repair practices.
Previous teaching experience is desired but not required. However, the applicant must be enthusiastic and willing to learn how to present himself or herself to an audience with confidence. The following personality attributes are desirable:
· Have an outgoing and social personality, fostering communication with students and staff.
· Capable of speaking in a clear, audible voice over a large room without a microphone.
· Be a team player and be willing to provide back-up and support to others when necessary.
The candidate will have good organizational and planning skills and be required to perform the following instructor tasks:
· Create and present courseware and develop detailed lesson plans for technical courses.
· Conceptualize, draw, and present details on a whiteboard.
· Teach students in the classroom and guide them in lab/workshop exercises.
Basic computer skills are required. The candidate must have a working knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook. Experience with CAD software is a plus. The applicant will be required to perform the following duties using a computer:
· Create and update PowerPoint presentations for use in training and educational seminars.
· Communicate with staff and customers using email, messaging, and virtual formats.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to both domestic and international locations. Typical duration of travel is 1-2 weeks at a time; however, travel of up to 4-weeks may be required. In order to meet this need, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
· Have valid U.S. Real ID and possess or be able to qualify for a government passport.
· Be flexible with family plans and available to travel upon short notice.
Applicants will be required to submit a resume, a list of references, and pass a general background check to qualify for this position.
Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Please apply through LinkedIn – direct inquiries will not be accepted.