Did you know that Abaris has a Resin Infusion Technologies course? The M-5 course is designed for the engineer, technician, laminator, fabricator, or anyone else wanting to learn about the fundamental principles and more complex concepts involved in resin infusion technology as applied in many industries today.
The fundamental science that drives vacuum infusion processing (VIP) is explained and tested in the workshop. Materials, tooling, and application techniques are evaluated and applied with hands-on exercises and demonstrations. Students gain a theoretical understanding and practical hands-on experience necessary to employ vacuum resin infusion processing for their own applications.
Key Lecture Topics:
- Overview of infusion techniques.
- Fiber forms and material types used for infusion.
- Specialty cores and fabrics.
- Resins used for infusion.
- Temperature, viscosity and permeability; Darcy’s Law.
- Flow fronts; principles and designs.
- Race-tracking and other inherent problems.
- Resin feeder and vacuum systems.
- Resin/fiber calculations.
- Facilities, tools and equipment.
- Fiber-pack/preform fabrication.
- Placing and securing fibers/fabrics in molds.
- Tool preparation and mold release application.
- Installation of resin and vacuum plumbing.
- Vacuum bagging for infusion.
- Infusion exercises involving various shapes.
- Solving infusion problems.
- Identifying leaks and dry areas.
- In-process repairs of dry areas.
- Curing infused panels and parts.
This course also examines the pros and cons of infusion processing and defines the usefulness and limitations related to the VIP process. The class includes a basic overview of the necessary facilities and equipment required to set up and perform VIP in a production setting.
Contact us today at email@example.com for more information about the course, or signup for the next class online at: https://portal.abaris.com/events. Bring colleagues, friends, or family and each student will receive $100 discount on the class. Just use the MULTI100 discount code at checkout.
Click here for 2022 schedule.